Since I already did the whole of the attaching side, I worked on finishing the stamped/carved side. The end result was quite clean and neat, but it took a lot of work to get there. I used several different carving tools, but the angled loop was most useful because it allowed me to cut a straight line perfectly and keep it neat. Something I could have worked on was putting the same amount of pressure on all the lines. Because I changed my tool a few times, I ended up accidentally making some lines deeper than others. This caused the lines to look messier and not identical as I wanted them to look.
Also at the end of class I rolled out a slab and used a mold to create a bowl shape. I mistakenly rolled the clay out too thin, so when it’s time to take it out of the mold, it may crack and not stay in it’s bowl shape.