I feel that the piece I started today will end up being a building block for my summative as I really like it. After cutting out and glueing the folded/wavy pieces, I got an idea from looking at several other pieces to thread the rope rather than glue it. Using a shoelace threading style, I finished one side and began on the other, and I really liked how it not only looked good but also tightened the piece together. Through Mr. Stav I got some ideas on how to add more negative space, so my next step will probably be cutting out shapes from the long cardboard piece to make it more interesting. Also, I could make more of these, just slightly different, and put them together somehow. By doing this I could take my simple formative and make a much more complex summative piece.