Almost Done! (Cardboard Summative)

After putting together the main pieces of my cardboard artwork, I began working on the rope element of it. I started off with poking holes along the sides and threading rope in a somewhat zigzag pattern, which both added more negative space and tightened the structure. From there, I found that doing another zigzag pattern would be a bit redundant, so I proceeded to use two strings and do a shoelace pattern in the open area of the cardboard.

I started off my next class duplicating the base and connecting it to the top of the piece, as I found it made it look more interesting. To fill up the empty space I then used more string in a zig zag formation on the base. My next step in this piece will most likely be adding a ‘pyramid’ of string so it can be hung.

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s