After getting a stand and using a stick to help hold my figure up, I began taping up the figure. My original idea was to wrap the whole thing in string but because it didn’t really glue properly I ended up using a Papier-mâché like substance called sculpta-mold.
Since the glue-paper mix dried fairly quickly, I learnt that after placing the wet substance, I had to smooth it with clean hands as soon as possible. At first I felt that it made my sculpture look too chunky, but then I found that if I smoothed well enough, it no longer looked like that. My hope for my next classes is that after I finish covering up the tape, I will be able to add some sort of clothes and paint on a face as well.